The SITdA mission can be described in ten guidelines:
1. Linking universities, professions, institutions – Promoting Architectural Technology, its guideline concepts, innovations and challenges, towards institutional subjects (ministries, regions, public bodies, local authorities, research institutes), as well as in relation to institutions, companies and private associations.
2. Implementing research policies – Supporting the research culture in Architectural Technology in Italy, through the creation of a broad and inclusive network of Members, offering information resources for the training and qualification of young people and encouraging the exploration of emerging areas of the technological innovation in architecture, even by promoting theoretical and applicative studies.
3. Settling an internationalization culture – Cooperating to the international research within the involved areas related to architectural technologies and innovation in construction, through meetings for the exchange of ideas, rigorous processes for the evaluation of scientific contributions, cultivating links with international organizations and institutions.
4. Spreading research as a strategic option – Spreading research in Architectural Technology, in its various ways and manifestations, through conferences, seminars, meetings, discussion forums and publications of high scientific level, linking and integrating with complementary and similar disciplines, in order to give a strategic dimension to the spread.
5. Promoting a multidisciplinary and a trans-disciplinary approach of Architectural Technology – Promoting its members’ skills (academic, institutional, professional, industrial members) within research, initiatives and public and private activities areas, favouring the convergence of multidisciplinary and trans-disciplinary contributions and visions interpreted by the different actors of the building process.
6. Contributing to regulatory processes – Promoting and contributing to the identification, development, strengthening and implementation of international and national, regional and local technical standards and regulations for the benefit of the institutions governing them.
7. Assisting institutions in monitoring and evaluation – Encouraging the development and adoption of methods of analysis, control and evaluation, to facilitate the implementation of technological innovation processes in construction, within public and private initiatives.
8. Cooperating in training – Collaborating with the national education system in order to enhance training in the areas of Architectural Technology and Innovation, investigating the interdisciplinary components and methodologies.
9. Acting as a cultural reference – Collecting and filing scientific knowledge and technical information; acting as a national reference and an area of collection, exchange, spread of information, concepts, ideas and services of all kinds, which can be considered useful for the scientific community that is recognized in the area of Architectural Technology.
10. Enhancing excellence – Improving scientific development, professional quality, publicity through communication tools, awards, scholarships, training courses and a large variety of other activities to achieve the aims of the Association for the enhancement of excellence in Architectural Technology.